Sunday, July 17, 2011

Happy Birthday my boy!

My tiny baby boy is two years old. I can't believe it. TWO. He's a small person now. I don't have any babies in my house!

He is my child that is full of smiles and giggles. He is generous with kisses, offering them on full wet squishy lips. He likes to share hugs or "ugs". He likes trains, cars, Cars (the movie), Lightning McQueen or "Piston Cup", dinosaurs or "BoarSoars", helicopters or "dopters", and trucks or "Fu---"... trashcan fu--s, fire fu--s, big fu--s, and on and on. He is a very strong swimmer. He is not very good at throwing balls still, flinging his arm upwards and jumping to get the ball going in some random direction (unlike his sister who can launch a fast ball past her Dada), but he is quite good at kicking the ball around. He is emotional and sensitive. The first few times he needed to be gently scolded or told "no", his bottom lip stuck out and he would cry right away. Thankfully he's gotten more used to it, and he's a quick learner. He wears his heart on his sleeve.

He's so smart, they're both so very smart. I love watching him play with a toy and poke out his lip and try to figure out how it works. I love listening to he and his sister have conversations with each other now.

I watch A.J. and Maddie play together sometimes and I feel.. I don't know. Almost sad in a way. Obviously not because they're playing together, but because I know I am going to miss this some day. Their smallness. I'm sure most parents reading this know what I mean without having to explain it, because trying to explain it is making me cry. :) At the same time though, it's SOOOOO amazing watching them grow up and learn and feel and experience!

Anyway, happy birthday my squishy little boy! You're TWO!!


No comments: