Tuesday, January 9, 2018

A wish..

I wish there was a way to preserve every memory forever.

Every bit of it.

Today the kids went outside to take a walk in the rain. I was inside on the laptop. They were gone about 7 minutes and I thought to myself "What the HECK am I doing sitting here??" I snapped the laptop shut, found a raincoat, and went outside to find them.

When I turned the corner and they saw me, big smiles spread across their faces. We walked for a little while in the rain.. just splashing in puddles, dragging open umbrellas along wet bushes, and chatting happily.

At one point on our walk, AJ found a lemon on the ground that had fallen from a nearby tree. He picked it up and started rolling it in the gutter, and "washing" it in the rain. He trailed along behind, and I turned to look back at them.

What I wish so much to remember is the image of my tall graceful almost a lady little girl strolling along, with her little brother close behind spilling rain out of his upside down umbrella, dropping his lemon and chasing it with child like clumsiness, fingers outstretched.

I cherish every day I have with these two amazing humans. I wish I could video tape it all and replay it all forever, but then I'd miss the moments we are currently living...

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Do you ever look back at what you wrote? I find the memories come rushing back. <3