Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It's her party and she'll cry if she wants to!

I seem to have a pretty nice baby. The only time she cries is when she is hungry or wants to be held. Then again, isn't that the way most new babies go?

We had our first outing today. I went shopping for a Christmas present and took her along. I fed her and put her in her car seat while scarfing down a hot dog of my own in about 3 bites, put her in the car, and off we went. She cried for all of about 15 seconds then fell asleep.

We got to the store, which is about 30 minutes away, and I put her car seat into a shopping cart and bumped through the parking lot into the store. After about 10 minutes she started to cry so I took her out of her seat and held her, where she then puked on me. Granted, it's mostly just curdled milk, but since the diaper bag was in John's car (he was at work) all I had to wipe up the mess was my own shirt. So now I have a fussy baby in one arm, puke running down that arm and down the baby, and a big wet stain on the bottom hem of my shirt where I wiped up as much puke as I could.

I started pushing my cart along full of the gift ingredients with one hand and the baby in the other toward the check out. Women started coming out of wood work to ooh and awww at the cute little tiny little baby.. I sure got lots of help and heard lots of stories about kids and grand kids in 5 minutes!

After the items were paid for, baby was buckled back into the car. She was happy while driving and cried at every red light.

All in all, it was an extremely successful first outing!! Here are some more photos for you to love, and an extra special video dedicated to Jenn K.






4 comments:

karinski said...

She is adorable! And I might pass out from the cuteness of John and her snoozing together. So darn snuggly!

Anonymous said...

Baby not only LOOKS like daddy, she assumes the same position while sleeping! Too cute! Miss you lots!

Jenn Ann said...

I love that Maddie and Daddy sleep alike - too cute!!!

This was excellent birth control!

Lesson learned though - do not leave home without a diaper bag/towel to wipe off barf.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm cuter while sleeping though!!!!