Monday, December 29, 2008

An updated update

I am realizing now that I never posted an update to my update.

I have stopped spotting. I was released from bed rest on Sunday. Thank GOODNESS. I was not doing well on bed rest and must admit I didn't exactly stay in bed, but John made sure I didn't lift a thing or have to do much moving. I just couldn't stand laying there.

So anyway, I'm released from bed rest and I'm all HOORAY! except that my throat is still a little scratchy, had been since Saturday. I am hoping it will go away, that maybe laying in bed surrounded by tattoo crumbs (cracker crumbs. Maddie calls crackers "tattoos".) and Cheerios is the problem.

By Sunday night I am full on sick. Sore throat, headache, runny nose, exhausted. Sooooo BACK TO BED I WENT. Ugh.

After sleeping four about 48 hours straight I finally felt a little better. I now have that nasty green left over snot. You know what I'm talking about. I went through an entire box of tissue in two days.

By Tuesday I was finally well enough to walk around the house and realize what an absolute mess it was. You see, John and I were hosting Christmas at our house. Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, parents, siblings... all were coming over on Christmas day. So John and I spent the day sitting on our couch admiring our new rug while Maddie played with her toys. It was a very productive day.

On Wednesday, Christmas Eve, we admired our rug a little bit more and then went to my grandmother's house. We had a delicious dinner. Maddie reached over and helped herself to the mashed potatoes on her aunt's plate, so I just gave her a heaping spoonful all to herself.

Afterwards my parents came over to our house to see our new rug and end tables and bigcomfychair. After they left and Maddie was tucked into bed, John gave me my Christmas gift. I got a Crock-Pot!!!! I was truly excited about it. I used it the very next day for all of my Christmas guests and made mulled wine.

Christmas Day we woke up and it was raining. Since I was just getting over my cold and Maddie had been sneezing and coughing a little, we decided we were not going to go to church. We admired our rug some more and finally decided we had better clean up the house. I started prepping food and got the mulled wine going. When the rain slowed down a bit we left for my parents house and opened a few gifts,

and I managed to talk my mom and sister into coming over to our house to help us finish cleaning up. They did an excellent job!! With only an hour to clean my disastrous mess of Christmas decoration boxes and baby toys and just STUFF, they made quick work of things and the house was ready just in time for the first person to arrive!

We had a really nice time. Maddie took a nap shortly after people started to arrive. When she woke up she had a nice poopy diaper for my sister to change (Karin's very first poopy diaper ever! Congratulations!), and my sister brought her downstairs in her beautiful new Christmas dress. We opened presents, enjoyed each other's company, and Maddie stole a candy cane off the tree and managed to break it open and eat it!

We all had a wonderful Christmas and hope that you did too!


Paula said...

So glad to hear you and Little Lima are realize, you are probably going to have to pick a name that starts with an "L"

Maddie looks adorable! Especially with her candy cane!!!!!

KFuj said...

Glad you are feeling better and that you had a great Christmas!

We must get a picture of this nice new rug, that you like to spend days looking at :-)

Queen B said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're off bedrest!!! Sorry for the nasty cold...that could not have been fun.

LOL about rug and cleaning. I totally would have done the same thing :)

Kim Thomas said...

Glad you got better for Christmas! Happy Times! (Even with the cleaning)