Thursday, April 19, 2007

Is relief in sight?


I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter!

The picture I posted was taken by John yesterday. In it, I am 10 weeks and 2 days pregnant! (Also known as 2.5 months.) Still no belly yet.

I am tentatively going to announce that my nausea is going away. Thank goodness!! For the past 2 or 3 days now, it has been very mild or even non-existant for most of the day.

I have not gained a single pound yet, (in fact I have lost a total of over 5 pounds now since my pre-pregnancy weight) and I totally blame that on the fact that my appetite has been so yucky the past month. It's not like I'm not eating, cuz I nibble throughout the day, and I have only thrown up twice. I just don't eat as much as I normally do. So the baby is getting food. It's just not leaving anything left over for me! Now that my appetite is coming back that should change and maybe I will start to put on some pounds.

My energy level is also going up, but only a little bit! The past month I have slept soooo much. I did not think it was possible for one person to sleep that many hours a day for that many days in a row. Now I am at least making it through a short day without a nap. I am sleeping long hours though, usually about 10.

The baby is about an inch long now. I am looking forward to when I can feel the baby moving, I think that is going to be quite interesting. It will make this that much more real, because right now (aside from the darned nausea) there's nothing really to show that I'm pregnant.

John and I have been telling each other that we should start thinking about names. It sounds so easy to do, but the baby is stuck with that name for the rest of it's life!! What an important decision! We better get started on that soon.

My first trimester is almost over and the second one is on the horizon. I hear that the second trimester is the best of the three; you don't have the sickness and fatigue of the first and you don't have the discomfort of a giant baby in your belly of the third. Sometimes this seems to be moving along so fast and other times it seems that November is so far off. I am sure that it will be here before I know it!

I am going to be visiting my Mama and Daddy and Teetor and Omi soon. I can hardly wait to see them!

No comments: