Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hello again!

So it's been AGES since I've written anything of substance on this here bloggy blog thing. It pretty much happened that after the boy was born, I just devoted myself to spending every waking moment with my kids. Not to say that writing takes up a TON of time or something, which it doesn't, so I should be better at this, but I'm just completely exhausted by the time the kids go to bed. Two children are not twice as much work as one, they are a hundred time as much work as one. Two are also a million times more rewarding than one, with their loving each other and giggling together and playing with each other and missing each other. Nothing better than witnessing the two people you love most in the whole wide world love each other!



My kids are in good health. Maddie is talking like craaaazy. She speaks in full sentences and she takes after her father in the blabbermouth department. She's so inquisitive and always wants to know everything about everything. I love it. I love teaching her. She also, NOT like her father, loves her quiet times. Sometimes she actually asks for a nap, only to sit in her bed and quietly play with her toys or books. That she gets from me. :)



AJ's legs are almost good as gold! According to his last appointment with the orthopedic doctor, there is only about a 5 - 10 degree bend left in his knees. The hope is that once he starts walking all the time it will correct itself. Which may not be too far off, he's motoring around pretty well now! He's at the point where if he's holding something in his hand and doesn't realize he's standing on his own, he can stay there for a good 15 seconds at least! He cruises along the furniture and crawls very fast. His favorite game is to crawl toward you as fast as he can and crash into you with his head. Boys.



My most favorite activity of any kind is watching my kids play with each other. They mostly just chase each other right now, Maddie running around and AJ crawling after her, both of them laughing their goofy donkey sounding laughs. Sometimes she tickles him, sometimes they just giggle together in the car.. no matter what it is, them interacting melts my heart.



Maddie is 2 1/2 and AJ is 10 months old. She is 3'2" and 32 pounds. I forgot his length but AJ is holding steady at 22 pounds for several months already and I was actually concerned he had stopped growing haha! He's getting nice and long though and the doctor assures me that this is normal for breastfed babies.. they get nice and fat then once they start moving around they burn that all off and become healthy lean strong children. He still doesn't have any hair.. Maddie had started sprouting a lot already and now she has gorgeous curls, but he's still got nothing but fuzz.



I'm going to wrap this up before it becomes a rambling mess. I am making a promise to myself to write more. Not just for your benefit, dear reader, but so I remember every precious moment of my delicious life.



2 comments:

Jenn Ann said...

Maddie and AJ are adorable! AJ has to be closing in on the high 20s (at least 28-29 inches) in height...he's way taller than Alex and Tony, though they are catching up in weight.

Maddie is so mature! I totally forget she's only 2 1/2.

Love the updates, love seeing you all even more!

Queen B said...

love the pic!

happy for an update :)